Sunday 26 November 2023

Sad, but so very true ...

After dinner a teacher started checking homework done by her students. Her husband is strolling around with a smart phone playing his favorite game, ‘Candy Crush Saga.’ When reading the last homework paper, the wife starts crying with silent tears ...

Her husband saw this and asked, ‘Why are you crying, dear? What happened?’

Wife: ‘Yesterday I gave a homework assignment to my 1st grade students, to write something on the topic ... 'MY WISH ...’

Husband: ‘OK, but why are you crying?’

Wife: ‘Today while checking the last paper, it made me cry.’

Husband curiously asked: ‘What’s written on the paper that makes you cry?’

Wife: 'Listen!'

MY WISH is to become a smart phone.
My Parents love their smart phones very much.
They care about their smart phones so much that sometimes they forget to care for me.
When my father comes from work tired, he has time for his smart phone but not for me.
When my parents are doing some important work and one of their smart phones start ringing, within a single ring they answer the phone, but not to me ... even if I am crying.
They play games on their smart phones but not with me.
When they are talking to someone on their smart phones, they never listen to me even if I am trying to tell them something that is important.
So, MY WISH is to become a smart phone.

After listening to the assignment written on the homework paper the husband got emotional and asked his wife, ‘Who wrote this??’.

Wife: ‘OUR SON!’

Gadgets are beneficial, but they are for our ease not to cease the love amongst family and loved ones.
Children see and feel everything what happens with and around them. Things get imprinted in their minds with an everlasting effect. Let’s take due care, so that they do not grow with any false impressions.