Friday 26 January 2024

He's my brother ...

In Japan, during the war, this boy was carrying his dead brother on his back to bury him on a funeral pyre. A soldier noticed and asked him to let him carry the load so as to unburden him. He replied: He's not heavy, he's my brother! The soldier understood and broke down in tears. Since then, this image has become a symbol of unity in Japan. "He's not heavy. He's my brother ... She's my sister!"
If he falls, raise him.
If he backslides stand by him.
If he gets tired, help him.
If he needs support, stand with him.
If he makes a mistake, correct him in love!
And if the world abandons him, then carry him like God has been carrying you. He surely is not heavy. Because he is my brother or she is my sister!

Look out for one another!

[Thank you, Valerie, for sharing this poignant message with us.]